VICE-PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES
1 Full Time Permanent Position
Competition Number: HR-SK-19-10
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Suncorp Valuations is a dynamic growth-oriented leader in the valuation industry, providing full service appraisal and valuation consulting services. Through offices in Canada and the U.S.A., we offer a range of valuation and costing services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, and for intangible assets such as patents, copyrights and franchises. Utilizing robust research methodologies, valuation consultants develop reports that provide an opinion of value for assessed property and other assets. Clients utilize reports for a variety of needs including regulatory compliance, financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, insurance placement and claims settlement. Our risk management department assists clients by identifying and mitigating risks such as the potential for accidents, property damage and theft. For further details please refer to our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com.
The position is located in Saskatoon and reports to the Owner/President of Suncorp Valuations. As a senior business partner, The VP, Human Resources establishes and supports human resource and organization development strategies that align with Suncorp’s vision, mission, objectives and business goals. This role provides HR leadership and organization development expertise, direction, coaching and advice to Executive and Management teams, and HR support to mid and front line teams in all office locations.
Through collaborative efforts, the VP, develops, communicates and deploys a comprehensive Human Resource Business Plan, which assesses, determines and directs Suncorp’s human resource policies, practices and procedures. This encompasses program and policy development and deployment, and the coordination of HR processes, including but not limited to, corporate communication, full-cycle recruitment, employee movement, engagement, coaching and training, management development, performance management, and compliance management. The incumbent works closely with the Chief Financial Officer in matters related to payroll, compensation and benefits.
A key focus of this role is to provide advice to the leadership group regarding HR policy & legislation, support managers dealing the employee issues, and develop and facilitate coaching and training programs to improve managerial capabilities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Along with the required credentials, you are able to build trusting and credible relationships with all levels in the organization. Your strong business acumen, operations, and HR expertise will ensure the strategic alignment of talent management practices. There must be a desire
to continuously learn and keep abreast of Canadian and USA employment, OHS, human rights legislation in order to provide accurate advice for a multi-jurisdictional organization. The ability and willingness to provide strategic, practical and tactical human resources support. You have a natural ability to quickly assess the landscape of an organization and to influence new ways of thinking or doing things.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, or a BA in a related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in a Human Resources.
- Preferably five years’ experience as a line/operations manager.
- Understanding of HR governance/legislation, infrastructure, policy and program development.
- Proven project management, change management and implementation planning experience.
- Well versed with Employment and OHS legislation.
- Experience reading and interpreting financial documents.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office.
THE ROLE COMPETENCIES:
- INSPIRED LEADERSHIP requires high levels of emotional intelligence, self-awareness, personal agility, innovativeness and decisiveness.
- STRATEGIC OUTLOOK & ALIGNMENT includes the ability to innovate, understanding of the company and the market, conceptual thinking and business acumen.
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS & EFFICIENCY requires decisiveness, strength in people management, action & change management and analytical thinking.
- MANAGING & DEVELOPING OTHERS involves the ability to prioritize, delegate, coach, develop and empower others, communicate openly, praise successes, constructively communicate developmental opportunities and manage conflict.
- COLLABORATIVE WORKING RELATIONSHIPS depend on high individual accountability, consistent delivery on commitments, refined interpersonal skills, including open and transparent communication, and alignment around goals and deliverables.
- JOB MASTERY & DEVELOPMENT is dependent on the achievement of technical expertise in one’s chosen field and/or role and the establishment of credibility as a subject matter expert.
We pride ourselves in offering flexible work arrangements that allow our employees to balance work and life commitments.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Send your resume and cover letter to HR@suncorpvaluations.com
- Deadline: May 15, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.