1 Full Time Permanent Valuation Consultant
Competition Number: VC-SK-19-19
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Suncorp Valuations is a dynamic growth-oriented leader in the global valuation industry. Through offices in Canada and the U.S.A, we offer a full range of valuation, consulting and costing services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, and for intangible assets such as patents, copyrights and franchises.
Utilizing robust research methodologies, valuation consultants develop reports that provide an opinion of value for assessed property and other assets. Clients utilize reports for a variety of requirements including regulatory compliance, financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, insurance placement and claim settlements. Risk Management Services assist clients by identifying and mitigating risks such as the potential for accidents, property damage and theft. For further details please refer to our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com.
We are seeking a Valuation Consultant to join our Public Sector Team in Saskatoon, SK. The role reports to the Managing Director, Private Sector located in Saskatoon. Through site inspections, research, expert analysis and collaboration, the Valuation Consultant develops a solid and defendable rationale for the final value assigned to specific properties and or assets.
This involves establishing the cost for the reconstruction of existing buildings and machinery and equipment, for insurance placement. This information is presented to clients in a valuation report.
The Ideal Candidate.
Along with the required credentials, you enjoy working with a group of professionals and excel at research and analysis. Although you are able to work independently, you enjoy leveraging the knowledge of coworkers to complete accurate assignments. You have no problem working independently, while collaborating with stakeholders in other offices. You easily manage multiple projects and are naturally focused on providing internal stakeholders and external clients with high levels of service to meet our Brand Promise of ON TIME, CREDIBLE, PROFESSIONAL. You have solid construction knowledge, ability to gather thorough information while at the same time finding efficient ways to complete assignments.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Construction, Finance, Architectural Technology or a related field;
- Must have solid construction knowledge;
- Previous appraisal experience, an understanding of building design and the ability to read blueprints is an asset;
- Appraiser designation will be considered an asset;
- Willingness to travel to client sites, including extended stays and possible international travel;
- Valid Driver’s License, clean driving abstract ,and access to safe and reliable transportation;
- Provision of a satisfactory criminal background check;
- Valid passport or ability to obtain a passport and no restrictions in obtaining a valid VISA for travel.
- Willing and able to travel locally or internationally if needed.
- A genuine desire to go above and beyond to provide excellence in client service;
- Proactive, with a desire to drive results and exceed goals;
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Solid computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Able to work with complex spreadsheets;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with acute attention to detail;
- Expert project planning skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks;
- Able to collaborate, share knowledge and leverage expertise as needed;
- Self-directed with the desire and ability to work independently.
We pride ourselves in offering flexible work arrangements that allow our employees to balance work and life commitments.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Please send your resume, cover letter and compensation expectations via email and include in the subject line the competition number, followed by your first and last name.
Comp #: VC-SK-19-19
Deadline: November 8, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that we do not accept phone or email inquiries in regards to open positions.