Senior Valuation Consultant
Suncorp Valuations is a full service appraisal and valuation consulting firm. From offices in Canada and the U.S.A. we provide global valuation services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, that is used for financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, and insurance placement purposes. For more information on our services please visit our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com.
The focus of work is on the development of valuation reports for industrial properties. This includes, but is not exclusive to banks, public and private companies, insurance companies, private equity groups and insurance brokers. Through site inspections, research, expert analysis and collaboration, you will develop a solid and defendable rationale for the final value assigned to a property. This requires the ability to develop, accurately prepare and present defendable conclusions of value, using the cost, market and income approaches to value.
The Ideal Candidate.
Along with the required credentials, you enjoy working with a group of professionals and excel at research and analysis. Although you are able to work independently, you enjoy leveraging the knowledge of coworkers to complete accurate assignments. You easily manage multiple projects and are naturally focussed on providing internal stakeholders and external clients with high levels of service. You enjoy a role that provides in-office work, client interaction and travel to perform on-site investigation of client assets.
On a personal note, you are interested in developing your career through participation in internal and external professional development and enjoy a role that provides a combination of office work and travel to client sites. Preference will be given to those that are a candidate member of the American Society of Appraisers.
• University Degree or Diploma in a complementary discipline; Engineering, Physical Sciences, Finance, Economics, Construction, Architectural Technology or a related field.
• Appraiser designation or candidate member with a willingness to obtain an ASA designation.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience, preferably appraising machinery, equipment and/or buildings.
• Valid Driver’s License, clean driving abstract and access to safe, reliable transportation.
• Willingness to travel to client sites, including extended stays and international travel.
• Valid North American passport, or able to attain a passport.
• Proactive, with a desire to drive results and exceed goals.
• Strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
• Solid computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Able to work with complex spreadsheets.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with acute attention to detail.
• Expert project planning skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks.
• Able to collaborate, share knowledge and leverage expertise as needed.
• Self-directed with the desire and ability to work independently.
The Application Process.
Please send your resume, quote the competition number and include your name before the deadline at:
Deadline: August 22, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.