Valuation Consultant, Real Property Group
Competition Number: VC-BC-19-20
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Suncorp Valuations is a dynamic growth-oriented leader in the global valuation industry. Through offices in Canada and the U.S.A, we offer a full range of valuation, consulting and costing services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, and for intangible assets such as patents, copyrights and franchises.
Utilizing robust research methodologies, valuation consultants develop reports that provide an opinion of value for real property and other assets. Clients utilize reports for a variety of needs including regulatory compliance, financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, insurance placement and claims settlement. Our risk management department assists clients by identifying and mitigating risks such as the potential for accidents, property damage and theft. For further details please refer to our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com. Suncorp provides employee benefits, transit allowance, along with a bonus and RRSP program
To support expansion efforts we are seeking Valuation Consultants to join the Vancouver office in our Real Property Group line of business. The focus of the work is on the development of Depreciation Reports and Real Estate Appraisal reports in the Vancouver region. Through site inspections, research, expert analysis and collaboration, the Valuation Consultant develops solid and defendable reports for clients.
The Ideal Candidate.
Along with the required credentials, you enjoy working with a group of professionals and excel at research and analysis. Although you are able to work independently, you take pleasure in leveraging the knowledge of coworkers to complete informed assignments and are able to collaborate effectively with business partners in other offices. You easily manage multiple projects, are naturally focussed on providing internal and external clients with high levels of service and are able to thrive in an environment driven by tight client deadlines.
On a personal note you are interested in developing your career through participation in professional development and prefer a role that provides a combination of office work and site visits.
- University Degree or Diploma in a complementary discipline, such as Commerce, Science, Engineering, Construction, Architectural Technology.
- AIC Candidate member willing to obtain an AACI designation.
- Appraisal or construction experience, or an understanding of building design, infrastructure and the ability to read blueprints preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, clean driving abstract and access to safe, reliable transportation.
- Willingness to travel to client sites, including extended stays and international travel.
- Valid passport, or able to attain a passport.
- Provision of a criminal background check.
- Proactive, with a desire to drive results and exceed goals.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Solid computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to work with complex spreadsheets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with acute attention to detail.
- Expert project planning skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Able to collaborate, share knowledge and leverage expertise as needed.
- Self-directed with the desire and ability to work independently.
The Application Process.
Apply directly through our web page or send an email to the address below providing the following information:
- Salary expectations
- Where you saw this posting.
In the Subject Line place the competition number, followed by your first and last name.
- Without this subject line your application can not be processed.
|Subject:||VC-BC-19-20 First Name Last Name|
January 17, 2020 (Position may be filled before closing date)
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that we do not accept phone or email inquiries in regards to open positions.