Senior Market Research Analyst
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Suncorp Valuations is a dynamic growth-oriented leader in the valuation industry, providing full service appraisal and valuation consulting services. Through offices in Canada and the U.S.A., we offer a range of valuation and costing services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, and for intangible assets such as patents, copyrights and franchises. Utilizing robust research methodologies, valuation consultants develop reports that provide an opinion of value for assessed property and other assets. Clients utilize reports for a variety of needs including regulatory compliance, financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, insurance placement and claims settlement. Our risk management department assists clients by identifying and mitigating risks such as the potential for accidents, property damage and theft. For further details please refer to our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Professional Services, the Market Research Analyst will identify details of competing sources in Canadian building cost data by researching the Canadian and US Market to identify building cost services. Compile data on each service including the cost of the services, building types, cost types, depth of cost data, service delivery, internal data sources costs are based on, geographical coverage, and survey to measure brand reliability. Investigate the scope and feasibility of creating an in-house alternative for building cost research and data.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have the ability to engage with internal employees to gain a good understanding of our current business, gathering information, interacting and running effective meetings. Have basic knowledge of construction components, machine and equipment components, building cost metrics and the appraisal industry. Experience in designing different production models and standard operating procedures. The ability to create business plans and strategies that align with the vision. The successful candidate will work closely with the VP of Professional Services and Senior Research Analyst along with other key stakeholders in the organization.
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Business, Geography, Mathematics, Statistics, Market Research or a related field;
- 5+ years of experience designing, managing and analyzing custom survey research projects;
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
- Experience in evaluating and designing a new business model including a feasibility analysis;
- Experience working with databases, statistics and primary and secondary research datasets;
- Experience preparing and delivering final reports to senior leadership;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
THE ROLE COMPETENCIES:
- Strong research skills both by phone and on-line;
- Analyze data and present recommendations;
- Effective and strong communication skills both in person and in writing;
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence technology and/or opportunities;
- Basic understanding of construction methods, machine and equipment components;
- Basic understanding of appraisal and/or insurance costing industry.
Suncorp Valuations has received funding dollars to conduct this project, the hours of work for this temporary assignment are flexible, and this project must be completed by March 2019.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Send your resume and cover letter to HR@suncorpvaluations.com
|· Deadline:||January 4, 2019|
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.