Risk Management Coordinator
Full Time Permanent Position
Location Flexible – Alberta, Saskatchewan, or British Columbia
Suncorp Valuations is a full service appraisal, valuation and consulting firm. From offices in Canada and the U.S.A. we provide global valuation services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, that is used for financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, and insurance placement purposes. We also provide a full suite of risk management services to assist our clients with their Risk Management Programs. For more information on our services, please visit our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com.
This position is full time permanent and it reports to the Managing Director, Risk Management. The location of this position can be in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, or British Columbia, however applicants must be willing to travel as so required. The position is instrumental in assisting with the growth and completing specialized assignments within the Risk Management Group. The incumbent will interact with all levels of external stakeholders and must be skilled in building strong client relationships. The Risk Management Consultant will work on special assignments within all types of industries including Governments and Municipalities, Education, Health Care, Industrial, Manufacturing, Hospitality, Retail, and the Insurance Industry. This incumbent will be an integral team member to assist in the growth of this line of business as per established corporate sales targets and contribution margins
The Risk Management Consultant is responsible for completing a variety of risk management/loss control surveys for our clients. The incumbent will be key in developing and implementing action plans that align with the Corporate Strategic Plan, key performance indicators, purpose, values, and vision of the organization. The position will include a variety of tasks such as putting together reports, audits and inspection formats, educational development & delivery, manuals, and other materials to meet the specific needs of all clients.
- College or University degree / diploma in risk management, loss control or related education;
- Related experience in loss control, risk management, insurance, and marketing of professional services would be an asset, however is not a requirement;
- Solid computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Designations related to Risk Management such as CRM, would be an asset;
- Fundamental understanding of various building construction techniques and components including Building and Fire Codes, Fire Protection Standards (NFPA), CSA Regulations and Standards;
- Experience conducting inspection services for Schools, Municipalities, Health Care, Industrial and Manufacturing Occupancies would be an asset;
- Ability to travel regularly without restrictions.
- Excellent and proven customer services skills;
- Proactive, with a desire to drive results and exceed goals;
- Strong desire to learn and develop personally;
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with acute attention to detail;
- Expert project planning skills with the ability to work on multiple task;
- Able to collaborate, share knowledge and leverage expertise as needed;
- Self-directed with the desire and ability to work independently.
The Application Process
Please send your resume, cover letter and compensation expectations via email and include in the subject line the competition number, followed by your first and last name.
Comp #: RM-ABSKMB-19-17
Deadline: November 1, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that we do not accept phone or email inquiries in regards to open positions.