Field Inspector – Private Sector Group
Full Time Permanent Position
Suncorp Valuations is a full service appraisal and valuation consulting firm. From offices in Canada and the U.S.A. we provide global valuation services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, that is used for financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, and insurance placement purposes. For more information on our services please visit our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com.
At the direction of the Managing Director, Private Sector, the incumbent will conduct property inspections and collect field data consisting primarily of building component details and measurements. The field data will be recorded on forms and transferred electronically to appraisal staff for completion of the report. Some review of reports may also be required to confirm property details. The incumbent will also assist with local cost data research and some client management. This position is also key in developing strong client relationships, being a brand ambassador, and able to sell our services while at client sites.
The Ideal Candidate.
Along with the required credentials, you will enjoy building strong client relationships in the Kelowna market and deliver exceptional client service when performing inspections. You gather accurate and detailed information in order for Valuation Consultants to complete the costing process. The key expectations of this position are to meet our Brand Promise of On Time, Credible, Professional and need to work efficiently and collaboratively with internal stakeholders. You need to manage your time effectively in order to meet deadlines and maximize profitability on each assignments.
- Completion of a Diploma, Certificate or Degree from a recognized institution in building sciences, or an equivalent working knowledge of building systems, components, and structural costing methodologies;
- 1+ years of relevant experience;
- Marketing and sales experience will be considered a strong asset;
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, particularly with Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Proactive, with a desire to drive results and exceed goals;
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with acute attention to detail;
- Able to collaborate, share knowledge and leverage expertise as needed;
- Self-directed with the desire and ability to work independently.
The Application Process
Please send your resume via email and include in the subject line the competition number, followed by your first and last name.
|Deadline:||February 18, 2019|
This position requires frequent travel within the Kelowna region and may be called upon to cover other territory in BC to accomplish the duties of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that we do not accept phone or email inquiries in regards to open positions.