1 Full Time Permanent Position
Toronto, Ontario Office
Competition Number: BD-ON-19-05
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Suncorp Valuations is a dynamic growth-oriented leader in the valuation industry, providing full service appraisal and valuation consulting services. Through offices in Canada and the U.S.A., we offer a range of valuation and costing services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, and for intangible assets such as patents, copyrights and franchises. Utilizing robust research methodologies, valuation consultants develop reports that provide an opinion of value for assessed property and other assets. Clients utilize reports for a variety of needs including regulatory compliance, financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, insurance placement and claims settlement. Our risk management department assists clients by identifying and mitigating risks such as the potential for accidents, property damage and theft. For further details please refer to our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Development in our Toronto office, the incumbent performs a variety of marketing administrative duties and data entry functions that assist the Business Development department in generating new proposals and issuing re-appraisal proposals on a scheduled basis. The individual in this role is involved in all aspects of the client proposal development process including the drafting of proposals, updating client information and follow-up with clients via telephone and email. A central activity is leveraging stakeholder support and managing internal communication to ensure that client deadlines are met. Additionally, the individual will assist the Business Development Manager in coordinating client events, e-blasts, and blogs. Collaborate with the VP of Operations on Occupational Health and Safety and provide administrative support the Toronto office.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Along with the required credentials, you are friendly and enjoy communicating on the phone. You excel at time management, are able to balance conflicting priorities, problem solving, manage a high workload, meet deadlines, and be a strong team player. You are naturally focused on providing high levels of client service and ensure accuracy of your work through inquiry and well-honed proofreading skills. You are able to work independently and communicate openly with business partners to ensure work is completed to required standards and within given timelines. You are flexible and adapt easily to new procedures. You have strong technical skills, enjoy finding efficiencies within systems, and learning new skills. You are innovative, curious, and eager to identify new business opportunities and want to grow your career in Business Development.
- Diploma, Certificate or Degree from a recognized institution in Marketing, Administration or a related field;
- Minimum of three years progressive experience in a marketing and client focused position;
- Expertise with MS Office, particularly with Word and Excel;
- Experience using a Client Relationship Management system will be considered an asset;
- Minimum keyboarding speed of 40 wpm;
- Tech and social media savvy;
- Strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills.
THE ROLE COMPETENCIES:
- Provide high levels of internal and external customer service that aligns with our Brand Promise – On Time, Credible, Professional;
- Strong team player who collaborates well with others;
- High attention to detail;
- Active listening, verbal and written communication skills;
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills;
- Able to multi task with constant interruptions;
- Can work competently with minimum supervision;
- Proactive, with a desire to drive results and exceed goals;
- Determined and hardworking;
- High personal and professional standards.
We pride ourselves in offering flexible work arrangements that allow our employees to balance work and life commitments.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Send your resume and cover letter to HR@suncorpvaluations.com
|· Deadline:||February 25, 2019|
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.