Full Time Temporary Position (up to 1 year, 30 hours per week)
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Suncorp Valuations is a dynamic growth-oriented leader in the valuation industry, providing full service appraisal and valuation consulting services. Through offices in Canada and the U.S.A., we offer a range of valuation and costing services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, and for intangible assets such as patents, copyrights and franchises. Utilizing robust research methodologies, valuation consultants develop reports that provide an opinion of value for assessed property and other assets. Clients utilize reports for a variety of needs including regulatory compliance, financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, insurance placement and claims settlement. Our risk management department assists clients by identifying and mitigating risks such as the potential for accidents, property damage and theft. For further details please refer to our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com.
Reporting to the Manager of Business Development in our Saskatoon Office, the incumbent performs a variety of administrative duties and data entry functions that assist the Business Development team in generating new proposals, setting up sold appraisal assignments, organizing events, scheduling, scanning of documents, and other administrative duties. The individual in this role is involved in all aspects of the client proposal development process including the drafting of proposals, updating client information and follow-up with clients via telephone and email. A central activity is leveraging stakeholder support and managing internal communication to ensure that client deadlines are met.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Along with the required credentials, you are friendly and enjoy communicating on the phone. You excel at time management, are able to balance conflicting priorities, problem solving, manage a high workload, meet deadlines, and be a strong team player. You are naturally focused on providing high levels of client service and ensure accuracy of your work through inquiry and well-honed proofreading skills. You are able to work independently and communicate openly with business partners to ensure work is completed to required standards and within given timelines. You are flexible and adapt easily to new procedures while at the same time managing tasks that may be repetitive in nature. You have strong technical skills, enjoy finding efficiencies within systems, and learning new skills. You are innovative, curious, and eager to assist in ways that will add value to the business.
- A certificate or diploma from a recognized administrative program;
- Two to three years office administrative or related experience;
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience supporting a Business Development/Marketing team will be considered an asset;
- Strong social media knowledge and experience will be considered an asset;
- Exceptional written and oral English language skills;
- Proficient, accurate and fast keyboarding skills;
- High levels of accuracy gleaned by initimate attention to detail.
- Outgoing, friendly with pleasant and professional manner;
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills;.
- Can work competently without supervision;
- Proactive, with a desire to drive results and exceed goals;
- Determined and hardworking with high personal and professional standards;
- Able to support and collaborate with internal stakeholders;
- Solid listening, verbal and written communication skills;
- Adaptable and flexible to meet the needs of the business.
We pride ourselves in offering flexible work arrangements that allow our employees to balance work and life commitments.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Send your resume and cover letter to HR@suncorpvaluations.com
- Deadline: April 1, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.