ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – Full Time Temporary (6 months)
Competition Number: AA-BC-20-02
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Suncorp Valuations is a dynamic growth-oriented leader in the valuation industry, providing full service appraisal and valuation consulting services. Through offices in Canada and the U.S.A., we offer a range of valuation and costing services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, and for intangible assets such as patents, copyrights and franchises. Utilizing robust research methodologies, valuation consultants develop reports that provide an opinion of value for assessed property and other assets.
Clients utilize reports for a variety of needs including regulatory compliance, financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, insurance placement and claims settlement. Our risk management department assists clients by identifying and mitigating risks such as the potential for accidents, property damage and theft. For further details please refer to our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Private Sector, this position is pivotal in sustaining business operations through internal and external client support activities in the Vancouver office. The focus of the role is to support the marketing and appraisal staff, predominantly through the completion of error free, time sensitive file set ups and valuation reports for private sector clients.
Additional responsibilities include reception, general office administration, and providing support to other team members with the completion of appraisal reports. The role is fast paced, with a variety of accountabilities, and provides the opportunity to grow and expand within and beyond the role requirements.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Along with the required credentials you excel at time management, are able to balance conflicting priorities, manage a high workload, and be a strong team player. You are naturally focused on providing high levels of client service and ensure accuracy of your work through inquiry and well-honed review and proofreading skills. You are able to work independently and communicate openly with business partners to ensure work is completed to required standards and within given timelines. You are detail focused and comfortable performing work that requires high levels of accuracy in a high volume environment.
- A certificate or diploma from a recognized administrative program.
- Two to three years office administrative or related experience.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite; expertise with Word and Excel.
- Exceptional written and oral English language skills.
- Proficient, accurate and fast keyboarding skills (60 wpm minimum).
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software applications.
THE ROLE COMPETENCIES:
- Outgoing and friendly with pleasant and professional phone manners.
- High attention to details.
- Active listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Genuine interest in providing high levels of internal and external customer service.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Able to multi task with constant interruptions.
- Can work competently with minimum supervision.
- Proactive, with a desire to drive results and exceed goals.
- Determined and hard working.
- High personal and professional standards.
- Team player able to support and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Send your resume to the email provided indicating where you saw the posting.
- In the Subject Line place the competition number, then your first and last name.
AA-BC-20-02 Followed by your first & last name
Example: AA-BC-20-02 Fred Doe
|Deadline:||March 16, 2020|
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.