IT Support Technician
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Suncorp Valuations is a dynamic, growth-oriented leader in the global valuation industry. Through offices in Canada and the U.S.A., we offer a full range of valuation, consulting and costing services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, and for intangible assets such as patents, copyrights and franchises.
Utilizing robust research methodologies, valuation consultants develop reports that provide an opinion of value for assessed property and other assets. Clients utilize reports for a variety of requirements including regulatory compliance, financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, insurance placement and claims settlement. Risk Management Services assist clients by identifying and mitigating risks such as the potential for accidents, property damage and theft. For further details please refer to our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com. Suncorp provides great employee benefits, a transit allowance, along with incentive and RRSP programs.
The focus of the IT Support Technician role is to monitor and maintain computer systems, networks and infrastructure and provide outstanding levels of support, both remote and on-site, to business partners. Other responsibilities include diagnosing hardware, software, network, printing and virtualization problems, and fixing or escalating technical issues within a pre-defined tiered support system.
The incumbent will get a chance to participate in IT project work, set up new hardware, including laptops, servers, firewalls and network routers. This is a highly technical role with an opportunity to interact with all levels of technology and IT deployment including custom software. A critical aspect of this role is to create and maintain operational, configuration, technical and procedural documentation.
The Ideal Candidate:
Along with the required credentials you excel at problem solving and analysis. Although you are able to work independently, you enjoy leveraging the knowledge of coworkers and working in a collaborative environment. You easily manage a number of projects and are naturally focused on providing high levels of client service. On a personal note you are interested in developing your career through participation in internal and external professional development and enjoy a role that provides a broad range of technical challenges. You enjoy inquiry and have the ability to gather and analyze data, make valid conclusions and formulate appropriate recommendations.
- Graduation from a recognized post-secondary technical institution with a Computer Systems Technology or similar diploma.
- Microsoft, Citrix, or VMWare certifications or experience an asset.
- Provide excellent internal client support.
- Problem solving and resourceful.
- Coach users on better understanding the systems and tools.
- Develop effective tools to support the users.
- Professionalism when dealing with challenging situations.
- Plan and manage workload effectively.
- Friendly, genuine and high level of customer focus.
- Solid listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- This position may be eligible for funding through a Youth initiative program and other criteria will need to be met.
- Email your resume and cover letter to HR@suncorpvaluations.com.
- In the Subject Line place the competition number – IT-SK-18-01, then your first and last name.
- Deadline to apply is midnight on February 5, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.