Junior Software Developer (Temporary Position)
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Suncorp Valuations is a dynamic growth-oriented leader in the global valuation industry. Through offices in Canada and the U.S.A, we offer a full range of valuation, consulting and costing services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, and for intangible assets such as patents, copyrights and franchises.
Utilizing robust research methodologies, valuation consultants develop reports that provide an opinion of value for assessed property and other assets. Clients utilize reports for a variety of requirements including regulatory compliance, financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, insurance placement and claims settlement.
Risk Management Services assist clients by identifying and mitigating risks such as the potential for accidents, property damage and theft. For further details please refer to our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com. Suncorp provides employee benefits, transit allowance, along with Short Term Incentive and RRSP programs.
Reporting to the Director of IT Services, the Junior Software Developer (JSD) is pivotal to the expansion of our software development team. The Junior Software Developer will work with a small team of developers to enhance, maintain, and develop software that is critical to sustaining and streamlining business operations.
The role is interesting and provides the opportunity to participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle including determination of requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and support. The incumbent works closely with stakeholders to identify requirements and with the development team to set priorities and deadlines. Along with software development the JSD will be responsible for the maintenance and expansion of our reporting systems including both client facing and internal management reports. Supporting the existing and new software post deployment is also a key part of this role.
The Ideal Candidate
Along with the required credentials and impressive technical skills, you are excited about joining a dedicated, passionate team that creates innovative software solutions. You bring a solid understanding of developing software in a multi-tiered environment to the role. Although you are able to work independently, you thrive in a team environment and are able to appropriately leverage the knowledge of coworkers to overcome difficult challenges. You enjoy working in a small office, while collaborating with stakeholders in other offices. You easily manage multiple priorities and are naturally focussed on providing internal stakeholders with high quality service. You are forward thinking and resilient when faced with setbacks. On a personal note you are interested in developing your career through on-going professional development.
- Post-secondary Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in software design and development is an asset.
- Experience with VB.NET, TSQL is preferred.
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports, SSRS, or similar report writer.
- Understanding of SQL, relational databases, and database administration.
- Understanding of networking protocols and technologies.
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems and domain environments.
- This position may be eligible for funding through a Youth initiative and there will be other requirements that will need to be met as part of this program.
- A genuine desire to go above and beyond to provide excellence in client service.
- Proactive, with a desire to drive results and exceed goals.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to balance competing priorities between project and non-project work.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data.
- Detail oriented and organized with strong analytical skills.
- Self-motivated with strong oral and written communication skills.
- A strong team player that demonstrates integrity and ownership.
- Proven experience working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Capable of writing clear and complete technical and functional specifications.
The Application Process
Please send an email to address below providing the following information:
In the Subject Line place the competition number, followed by your first and last name.
|Subject:||IT-SK-17-04 First Name Last Name|
|Deadline:||February 5, 2018 (position may be filled prior to deadline date)|
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.