Valuation Consultant, Private Sector Home Office, Victoria, BC
Competition Number: VC-BC-17-02
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Suncorp Valuations is a dynamic growth-oriented leader in the global valuation industry. Through offices in Canada and the U.S.A, we offer a full range of valuation, consulting and costing services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, and for intangible assets such as patents, copyrights and franchises.
Utilizing robust research methodologies, valuation consultants develop reports that provide an opinion of value for assessed property and other assets. Clients utilize reports for a variety of requirements including regulatory compliance, financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, insurance placement and claim settlements. Risk Management Services assist clients by identifying and mitigating risks such as the potential for accidents, property damage and theft. For further details please refer to our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com. Suncorp provides employee benefits, transit allowance, along with a bonus and RRSP program.
We are seeking a Valuation Consultant to join our Private Sector Team in Victoria, BC. The role is a work-from-home arrangement with the goal of expanding our client base to support a local office. Through site inspections, research, expert analysis and collaboration, the Valuation Consultant develops a solid and defendable rationale for the final value assigned to a property.
This information is presented to clients in a valuation report. A large percentage of the work involves establishing the cost for the reconstruction of existing buildings for insurance placement.
The Ideal Candidate.
Along with the required credentials, you enjoy working with a group of professionals and excel at research and analysis. Although you are able to work independently, you enjoy leveraging the knowledge of coworkers to complete accurate assignments. You have no problem working independently, while collaborating with stakeholders in other offices. You easily manage multiple projects and are naturally focussed on providing internal stakeholders and external clients with high levels of service. You have excellent communication skills and are able to ask for assistance and leverage the expertise of others as required.
On a personal note you are interested in developing your career through participation in internal and external professional development and enjoy a role that provides a combination of office work and site visits. We are looking for someone to grow with us to support our advancement into Market Value and Depreciation Study appraisal work. Preference will be given to those who have taken an active interest in the appraisal profession and are a candidate member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada or the American Society of Appraisers.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Construction, Finance, Architectural Technology or a related field.
- Appraiser designation or candidate member with a willingness to obtain an ASA designation.
- Must have solid construction knowledge.
- Previous appraisal experience, an understanding of building design and the ability to read blueprints is an asset.
- Willingness to travel to client sites, including extended stays and international travel.
- Valid Driver’s License, clean driving abstract and access to safe, reliable transportation.
- Provision of a criminal background check.
- Valid passport or ability to obtain a passport.
- A genuine desire to go above and beyond to provide excellence in client service.
- Proactive, with a desire to drive results and exceed goals.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Solid computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to work with complex spreadsheets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with acute attention to detail.
- Expert project planning skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Able to collaborate, share knowledge and leverage expertise as needed.
- Self-directed with the desire and ability to work independently.
The Application Process.
Upload your resume directly from our web page or send an email to the address below providing the following information:
- Salary expectations
- Where you saw this posting.
In the Subject Line place the competition number, followed by your first and last name.
- Without this subject line your application can not be processed.
||VC-BC-17-03 First Name Last Name
||June 30, 2017 or until role is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that we do not accept phone or email inquiries in regards to open positions.